Bliss Events Company Ltd needs to keep certain personal data, for example about its staff, exhibitors and event attendees. To comply with the law, information must be collected and used fairly, stored safely and not disclosed to any other person unlawfully. To do this, the Bliss Events Company Ltd must comply with the Data Protection Principles which are set out in the Data Protection Act, 1998.
Personal data shall:
- Be obtained and processed fairly and lawfully and shall not be processed unless certain conditions are met.
- Be obtained for a specified and lawful purpose and shall not be processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose.
- Be adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes.
- Be accurate and kept up to date.
- Not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose.
- Be processed in accordance with the data subject’s rights.
- Be kept secure from unauthorised access, accidental loss or destruction.
- Not be transferred to a country outside the European Economic Area, unless that country has equivalent levels of protection for personal data.
Bliss Events Company Ltd and all its staff who process or use personal information must ensure that they follow these principles at all times. In order to ensure that this happens, Bliss Events Company Ltd has developed this Data Protection Policy.
Status of the Policy
This policy has been approved by the Directors of Bliss Events Company Ltd and any breach will be taken seriously and may result in more formal action.
Any member of staff who considers that the policy has not been followed in respect of personal data about themselves should raise the matter with a Director of the company in the first instance.
Notification of Data Held and Processed
All staff, exhibitors and event attendees are entitled to:
- Ask what information Bliss Events Company Ltd holds about them and why.
- Ask how to gain access to it.
- Be informed how to keep it up to date.
- Be informed what Bliss Events Company Ltd is doing to comply with its obligations under the 1998 Data Protection Act.
Bliss Events Company Ltd aims to comply with requests for access to personal information as quickly as possible, but will ensure that it is provided within 40 days of receipt of a completed form unless there is good reason for delay. In such cases, the reason for delay will be explained in writing to the individual making the request.
Responsibilities of Staff
All staff are responsible for:
- Checking that any personal data that they provide Bliss Events Company Ltd is accurate and up to date.
- Informing Bliss Events Company Ltd of any changes to information which they have provided, e.g. changes of address.
- Checking any information Bliss Events Company Ltd may send out from time to time, giving details of information that is being kept and processed.
If, as part of their responsibilities, staff collect information about exhibitors or attendees to events, they must also comply with this Policy and with the Data Protection Act.
The need to ensure that data is kept securely means that precautions must be taken against physical loss or damage, and that both access and disclosure must be restricted. All staff are responsible for ensuring that:
- Any personal data which they hold is kept securely.
- Personal information is not disclosed either orally or in writing or otherwise to any unauthorised third party.
Publication of Information
Information that is already in the public domain is exempt from the 1998 Act. This would include, for example, information about staff at Bliss Events Company Ltd in the media, information about exhibitors, already available from their website. Any individual who has good reason for wishing details in such publications to remain confidential should contact one of the Directors of Bliss Events Company Ltd.
Event Attendees – Information we collect
This is what we normally collect about you to help us provide you with our services, and improve them even more, where we can:
- Wedding date
- Ceremony location
- Reception location
- How did you hear about the show?
Plus any other data, from time to time, to help us provide you with improved fairs and shows, for example we might ask you to complete a questionnaire.
Using your information
We use this information to inform you about future events in your area, and by understanding our customers better, this informs future marketing activities.
Disclosing your information
We may use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring attendees at our events, to inform exhibitors about how many attendees our events receive and where our customers come from, when and where they choose to get married for example. These statistics do not include any personal information that can be used to identify any individual.
We will not pass on your personal information to third parties.
Protecting your information
Any information provided is stored securely and only accessed by authorised individuals at Bliss Events Company Ltd. Although we safeguard your personal information once received, Bliss Events Company Ltd cannot guarantee the safety of any personal information you transmit to us using online methods.
Marketing our products and services
We will automatically contact you with regard to future events, for example, e-newsletters. You are entitled opt out of receiving these emails at any time.
Links from this site to other sites
Please be aware that our site may provide access to other web sites by linking to them. We are not responsible for the data policies (including data protection and cookies), content or security of these linked websites.
For queries regarding Bliss Events Company Ltd you can contact us on 0151 227 9179 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information you should write to the address below:
Data Protection and Privacy
Bliss Events Company Ltd
9 Union Court